S.I.A.I.S. – Società Italiana dell’Architettura e dell’Ingegneria per la Sanità
S.I.A.I.S. – Italian Society for Healthcare Engineering and Architecture
Presentation and purpose of the Association
ITALIAN SOCIETY FOR HEALTHCARE ENGINEERING AND ARCHITECTURE (S.I.A.I.S)
The Italian Society for Healthcare Engineering and Architecture (S.I.A.I.S.) founded in 2006, is a “non profit”, organization that focuses on bringing together engineers, architects and technical schools graduates, working at local regional and national level in public or private institutions. S.I.A.I.S. has developed a strong collaboration with the National Health Service, the relevant for health policies EU Institutions and Member States, International organisations.
The objectives are to:
- promote the research and development of scientific knowledge in the technical sectors of the Health Care system;
- promote the study and implementation of innovative managerial models;
- promote updating of professional legislation;
- support the emergence and recognition of new technical-professional figures;
- encourage the cooperation among members in activating a continuous exchange of experiences in different fields such as: planning, testing, maintenance, safety and management of healthcare infrastructures structures and technologies;
- contribute to the development and diffusion of the most advanced technologies, among engineers, architects and technicians, with focus an improving patient comfort;
- develop new forms of interaction with the industry to achieve innovation in buildings and technological systems focused in contributing to the sustainability of the health care sector;
- diffuse the results of the studying and research activities through articles, monographies, periodicals, magazines, books, mass media;
- organize local, national and international meetings, congresses, professional updating courses and study tours.
S.I.A.I.S. has obtained in 2009 the System Certification Quality Management UNI EN ISO 9001, Certificate Cermet n. 8078 for the design and delivery of cultural events in technical-scientific nature for the update of professionals working in health and the realization of research projects and specialist advice.
S.I.A.I.S. is member A044 of “I.F.H.E. – International Federation Hospital Engineering” and member I.F.H.E.-EU.
S.I.A.I.S. is member EuHPN – European Health Property Network.
For more info, please contact Daniela Pedrini S.I.A.I.S. Chairman,