The Scientific Committee invites attendees to actively participate in this congress which will be a very significant occasion for the exchange of thoughts and experiences. We look forward to receiving Abstracts online for consideration and inclusion in the scientific program as poster or oral communication.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 31 July 2019
All abstracts must be submitted through the online system on the congress website and should be prepared in accordance to the instructions below
General guidelines for submission of abstracts
Please read carefully the following instructions before proceeding the online submission
Submission of an abstract implies the commitment that the presenting author registers for the
IFHE2020Roma – 26th Congress of International Federation of Hospital Engineering
Global Climate Action And Energy Requirements
A Modern Approach, The Work Organization, The Vision And The Future Role Of Healthcare Engineering
- Authors are requested to register within 10 days after having received their provisional notification of Abstracts of authors not registered by 30 November 2019 will not be taken into consideration for the final program;
- Abstract should be submitted through the online submission system;
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in English;
- The main author and the presenter must be identified (by ticking the corresponding boxes);
- Each presenter can submit a maximum of two abstracts;
- Only one abstract is allowed per presenter duly registered for the congress;
- If the abstract presenter is registered with a group, please inform the Congress Secretariat at: email@example.com and indicate the person/company who made the group registration;
- Abstracts will be peer reviewed and evaluated by experts in one of the categories (topics) They will be allocated for oral or poster presentation. Authors are requested to indicate their preference when submitting. However, please note, that the Scientific Committee will make the final decision for the mode of presentation;
- The final decision of the Scientific Committee will be announced on 15 October 2019;
- All accepted abstract submitters will receive confirmation by email. Please do not forget to indicate your correct email address and telephone number when submitting your abstract, as well as the email addresses of the main author and the presenter (the author who will present the paper at the conference). The main author and the presenter can be the same They may also be identical to or different from the submitter);
- If approved, authors agree that their abstract will be published in the congress abstract book (pdf document, downloadable or printed). Please note, it would be published exactly as they have been provided and without any kind of editing;
- IMPORTANT DATES:
Start Submission: 23 May 2019
Submission Deadline: 31 July 2019
Selection Results: 15 October 2019
- For further information and assistance please contact the Scientific Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the author(s) and/or co-author(s) are required to register and pay the registration fee to participate and present their paper at the congress.The official language of IFHE 2020 is English.
Abstract editing instructions
All the Abstracts should be submitted according to the following editing instructions.
- Body of Abstract: Minimum length 300 words Maximum length 500 words.
- Abstract must be uploaded in Word A4 format (.doc; .docx) and must be one file The maximum size of the file is 1MB. All authors are invited to download the Abstract Template and edit it according to the general setting of the document. Please do not include any other information within the body of the abstract, such as the title or name of the authors, since these will be required by the system in other specific fields.
- The title should be written in UPPER CASE (capitals). Please keep it as short as possible, clearly indicating the nature of the investigation, and please minimize the use of abbreviations;
- Please avoid complex mathematical formulae;
- Check spelling and grammar carefully. Direct reproduction from your electronically submitted abstract text means that any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific data will be reproduced as submitted.
- The document can contain a maximum of 2 images in black and white, min. 300 dpi (resolution suitable for printing, if any) and base 8 cm.
- Abstracts should be structured in at least three sections, clearly mentioned as such: Background/Objectives – Methods – Results (optional) – Conclusions;
- All authors (main author and co-authors) should be listed with their last names (family names) and their first name(s). The published version will only mention the initial(s) of the first name(s). One author must be identified as the presenter; the presenter commits to registering as a delegate to attend the congress and present the abstract;
- Please indicate professional addresses of all authors: name of hospital, unit or laboratory, city and country. No other indications are to be given. Different affiliations will be automatically numbered;
- Do not indent spaces on the first line of each No space should be inserted between paragraphs. Use international standards for scientific articles;
- Only standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Data must be given in units widely used in literature;
- Submitted abstracts can be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (31 July 2019). Submitted abstract cannot be edited after the submission
- Authors who wish to withdraw their abstract must send a written request to: email@example.com
- If you don’t receive an email with the confirmation of the successful upload of your abstract within a few days from the online submission please contact the Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.orgAbstract topics
For review purposes, abstracts are classified according to the following list. Please select only 1 topic:
- Hospital sustainable and resilient
- Hospital environment and climate change
- Hospital design
- Advanced technologies
- Ict and telemedicine
- Health organization and management
- Facility management and maintenance
- Infection control
- Risk management
Rules for entry /evaluation criteria
Compliance with the theme/s selected
The abstract must rapresent in a clear and complete way the categoryies selected.
Related to purpose, the methodology/ies used.
Innovative aspects / originality
In comparison with other works dealing with the same issues are they innovative or original aspects or in the case of new buildings, architectural or engineering infrastructures are they particularly important achievements (materials, costs, timing, improvement of sustainability and resilience).
Outcomes and transferability
The author(s) have to stress if and how the results of the research or of concrete examples can be of help in solving problems and eventually prevent risks in other situations and places.
The abstract should indicate the issues, if any, about which to stimulate the discussion at the end of the presentation.