2-14-23, Fujimi Chiyoda-ku Tokyo 102-8798 • +81-3-5214-7000
• Date of birth: 20 April 1955
• Nationality: Japanese
• Marital status: Married
Ph.D., Surgery, University of Tokyo, School of Medicine, 1993, Tokyo, JAPAN
M.D., University of Tokyo, School of Medicine, 1980, Tokyo, JAPAN
Bachelor of Science, University of Tokyo, 1978, Tokyo, JAPAN
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE
• Board-certified Surgeon, 1988-present
• Licensed physician in Japan, 1980
• Fellowship: Abdominal and Vascular Surgery, University of Tokyo Hospital., Tokyo, Japan, 1984-1988
• Residency: Surgery, University of Tokyo Hospital, Tokyo, Japan, 1980-1984
Director, Tokyo Teishin (Telecommunications) Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
• Manage and run a 500-bed hospital in Tokyo.
OR Medical Director, University of Tokyo Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
• Manage and operate OR in educational hospital.
Senior Specialist of National University Hospital. Supervising, Ministry of Education, Tokyo, Japan
• Supervise National University Hospitals in a government office
• Professor (OR Medical Director), University of Tokyo Hospital, 2007-2019
• Professor, Teikyo University Ichihara Hospital, Department of Surgery, 2000-2007
• Associated Professor, Teikyo University Ichihara Hospital, Department of Surgery, 1998-99
• Lecturer, University of Tokyo Hospital, Department of Surgery, 1995-97
• Assistant Professor, University of Tokyo Hospital, Department of Surgery, 1991-1996
• Visiting Faculty, University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Department of Surgery and Physiology, 1989-1991
• President of Healthcare Engineering Association of Japan, 2019-present
• Chairman of Japanese Society of Operative Medicine, 2013-present
• Chairman of Japanese Society of Medical Instrumentation, 2014-2018
• Vice Chairperson for 13th Congress of World Forum for Hospital Sterile Supply 2012
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
• Japanese Surgical Society
• Japanese Society of Gastroenterological Surgery
• Japanese Society of Vascular Surgery
• International Society of Cardiovascular Surgery
• Japanese Society of Operative Medicine
• Japanese Society of Medical Instrumentation
• Healthcare Engineering Association of Japan
• Yasuhara H. Optimizing theatre size to meet demands. IFHE DIGEST 2020: 38-43, 2020
• Saito Y, Yasuhara H, Murakoshi S, et al. Challenging residual contamination of instruments for robotic surgery in Japan. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 38(2):143-146, 2017
• Saito Y, Yasuhara H, Murakoshi S, et al. Novel concept of cleanliness of instruments for robotic surgery. Journal of Hospital Infection 93: 360-361, 2016
• Uetera Y, Yasuhara H, Kumada N, et al. The role of annual maintenance for monitoring steam sterilization processes using routine control tests: A 6-year longitudinal experience study. Zentralsterilization – Central Service 23(2):98-116, 2015.
• Saito Y, Yasuhara H, Murakoshi S, et al. Time-dependent influence on assessment of contaminated environmental surfaces in operating rooms. Am J Inf Cont 43(9): 951-955, 2015
• Yasuhara H, Fukatsu K, Komatsu T, et al. Occult risk of broken instruments for endoscopy-assisted surgery. World J Surg 38: 3015-3022, 2014
• Yasuhara H, Fukatsu K, Komatsu T, et al. Prevention of medical accidents caused by defective surgical instruments. Surgery 151(2):153-161, 2012
• Yasuhara H, Hattori T, Shigeta O. Significance of Phlebosclerosis in Non-healing Ischemic Foot Ulcers of End-stage Renal Disease. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 36:346-352, 2008
• Yasuhara H, Niwa H, Takenoue T, et al. Factors influencing mortality of acute intestinal infarction associated with SIRS. Hepatogastroenterology 52:1474-1478, 2005
• Yasuhara H. Acute mesenteric ischemia: The challenge of gastroenterology. Surgery Today 35:185-195, 2005
• Furuya Y, Yasuhara H, Yanagie H, et al. Role of Ganglion Cells in Sigmoid Volvulus. World J Surg 29:88-91, 2005
• Shinkawa H, Yasuhara H, Naka S, et al. Characteristic features of abdominal organ injuries associated with gastric rupture in blunt abdominal trauma. Am J Surg 187:394-397, 2004
• Yasuhara H, Naka S, Yanagie H, et al. Influence of Diabetes on Persistent Nonhealing Ischemic Foot Ulcer in End-stage Renal Disease. World J Surg 26: 1360-1364, 2002
• Yasuhara H, Ohara N, Nagawa H. Influence of gender on intraluminal thrombus of abdominal aortic aneurysms. Am J Surg 182:89-92, 2001
• Yasuhara H, Naka S, Kuroda T, et al. Blunt thoracic and abdominal vascular trauma and organ injury caused by road traffic accident. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surgery 20:517-522, 2000
• Yasuhara H, Ishiguro T, Muto T. Factors influencing late survival after elective abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. Br J Surg 86:1047-1052, 1999
• Yasuhara H. My optimal operating theatres with high satisfaction. My Optimal Hospital Conference. 12 Sept 2019. Tampere, Finland. Invited presentation.
• Yasuhara H. Appropriate sizing of operating theatres high satisfaction – a Japanese Model. 25th IFHE Congress. 6 Oct 2018. Brisbane, Australia. Oral presentation.
• Yasuhara H. Electronic medical records in perioperative settings. 2014 AAMI Annual Conference & Expo. 1st June 2014. Philadelphia, USA. Invited Lecture.
• Yasuhara H. Life span and risk management of medical devices. 2013 AAMI Annual Conference & Expo. 1st June 2013. Long Beach, USA. Invited Lecture.
• Yasuhara H. Role of medical equipment safety officer in disasters. 2012 AAMI Annual Conference & Expo. 3 June 2012. Charlotte, USA. Invited Lecture.
• Yasuhara H. Development of medical equipment for perioperative period and medical care team in advanced surgical treatment. 2011 AAMI Annual Conference & Expo. San Antonio, USA. Invited Lecture.
• Yasuhara H. Strategy to reduce risk of medical accidents caused by defective instruments for endoscopic surgery. 2010 AAMI Annual Conference & Expo. 27 June 2010. Tampa, USA. Invited Lecture.
• Yasuhara H. Acute mesenteric ischemia. XVth National Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology. 9 September 2005. Chandigarh, India. Invited Lecture.